Visa Information

Visa Information

1. All applicants need to apply for work visa in Japan Embassy before proceeding to . Candidates who have not completed or applied their work visa will not be allowed to work in Japan.

2. Those who wish to work in Japan should first obtain the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in Japan before proceeding on applying for work visa.

3. COE is a document issued by the Ministry of Justice in Japan. Your employer will issue the COE and the document and they will send it to your current address. Once this has been issued, you are able to apply for visa with the required documents listed below;

                             a. Original passport

                             b. Visa application form

                             c. Photo

                             d. Original & Photocopy of COE

4. COE should be submitted with a valid visa for landing permission at the port of entry within three months from the date of issued. If you fail to enter Japan within three months, your entry may be refused even with a valid visa.

5. There are no visa application fee for Malaysians. For non-Malaysian, kindly check with your respective embassy.

6. Applicants is responsible in applying their own visa at the Embassy of Japan.

7. There is no urgent processing request on applying work visa. All application will take roughly 2 weeks.

8. Spouse of the candidates may apply Dependent Visa. More information on Dependent Visa can be read at  

9. The flow of applying visa are as follows:

Confirmation of employment by employee & employer → The employer will issue a Certificate of Eligibility for employee → COE will be posted to employee → Proceed on applying for working visa

10. For more infomation, please visit